Thalia (Journal 7)

    While looking through some of the teacher pages for Leon High School, I was impressed with the creative and the amount of content in some of the pages. I specifically decided to write about Ms. Erica Sear's U.S History Class page. I love History and her page was CONTENT HEAVY! It had a bunch of cool stuff not only for students, but useful information for parents as well. The way this teacher split up her materials was easy to navigate, She separated her material based on the different units throughout the entire year. The units ranged from unit 1- unit 11 and even included early EOC review at the beginning of the year & EOC review at the end of the year as well. Within each module, she had quilts, notes, study guides, vocabulary activities, books, and videos. 

    As an educator, I would most definitely use technology in a similar way! Growing up, my teachers were not too knowledgeable on technology and did not necessarily go above and beyond for their students or genuinely attempted to make lessons interactive and engaging for us. As an educator, I want to give these students everything I wished for as a student. I see myself creating interactive websites for my students and having the website filled with lots of different resources, similar to how Ms. Sears did in her page. I want my students to have as many resources as they possibly can in order to succeed. I would make these pages, but even go as far as maybe doing tiptoes to relay class information about materials, activities, or anything related to the school. I want to be able to have some type of communication with the students so using some apps so they can communicate with me; possibly doing an informal one like Tiktok, and then a more formal one also like Slack or groupme. 
    
    My experience working on the wiki platform has not been the best. The website was down most of the time, so I barely used it. The little stuff I did do on PB works got deleted, which was frustrating because I had to start again. I also think the website is a bit much and can be difficult to understand at first. It seems a little overwhelming. I would personally like for it to be more aesthetically pleasing. In the future I would use PB works when I assign my students group research project. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thalia (Blog 6)

Thalia (Journal 3)