Thalia (Blog 6)

    Initially when I first started to use Diigo, I was extremely confused about the entire thing. I also did not understand the importance of it. It was very confusing for me to use. Just looking at it, kind of gave me a headache. Now, I have definitely come to appreciate it just a little bit more. I am still not super familiar with it, but I have learned how useful it can be. I have come to love the tool. In the past, I have tried to look for a simple web highlighter and have been unsuccessful. Not only is Diigo a simple highlighter, but there are a ton of bonus features including bookmarking//read later, tagging/keywords, lists/categories, notes/annotation, and the social/sharing features which I love! I really like all these features, however, I dont like that when you log into Diigo it looks messy and confusing and makes you not want to learn how to use it. I think it can be discouraging in that aspect. 

    When it comes to blogging, I have enjoyed it. It is easy and fun to do. The topics for the blogs are also enjoyable, which makes blogging an easy task. It is not an assignment that I dread at all. The best part of blogging, is being able to read other people's blogs because it makes me see things through a different lens. Often time, I read someone else's blog and I'm like, "oh, I should have thought of that!", then I start thinking more and it really gets my brain going. Overall, there is nothing that I dont like other than the fact that sometimes I am so tired and do not want to type anything. Often times, a video is much more easier, just because to actually type something, takes so much out of me because I work so much and on top of that I work at a law firm, so I am always typing stuff. 

    An interesting Web 2.0 tool that I might use when teaching would probably be, Storybird. Storybird encourage students too improve upon their writing and reading skills through the art of storytelling. As a teacher, I can create interactive and artistic books online, using Storybird. These stories can be embedded into any platform, whether it be blogs, email, printed, etc. Projects can also be created with students. As a teacher, I can give feedback and organize classes and grades. This is definitely a great resource for reading teachers!

Check out this amazing resource here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thalia (Journal 3)

Thalia M (Blog 2)